For the past two years during the Covid Pandemic, the renewable exemptions were rolled over automatically per Public Act 101-0136 which has since expired. For 2022, the renewals will be mailed on April 15, 2022, from the Will County Supervisor of Assessment’s and not automatically rolled over. The following is a list of those exemptions which will require a yearly renewal beginning again in 2022.
- Senior Citizen Assessment Freeze Homestead Exemption (35 ILCS 200/15-172)
- Homestead Exemption for Persons with Disabilities (35 ILCS 200/15-168)
- Standard Homestead Exemption for veterans with Disabilities (35 ILCS 200/15-169)
If you think you might be eligible for the above-mentioned exemptions and are wondering if you qualify please see the link http://www.willcountysoa.com/section/exemptions which will explain all exemptions.
If you qualify or are a 1st time applicant, you have 3 choices:
- Feel free to visit our office located at 175 W Jefferson St. Joliet, IL 60432
- Print the forms online at http://www.willcountysoa.com/section/Forms
- Visit the Will County Supervisor of Assessment’s Office located at 302 N Chicago St. Joliet, IL 60432
Please call us if you have any questions regarding these Exemptions. (815) 726-5446. You may also email us at [email protected] for additional information.
We look forward to helping you!